The Institute for Advanced Training at the Bohdan Khmelnytskyi National Academy of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine was created in April 2018 on the basis of the Personnel Training Center which had been functioning at the Academy since 1994.
The Institute for Advanced Training in its work is guided by the Constitution and laws of Ukraine, decrees and resolutions of the President, Verkhovna Rada and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, orders of the SBGSU Administration, Rector of the Academy, provisions on the organization of the Academy educational process and other guidelines.
The main tasks of the Institute are:
– advanced vocational training of the officials of divisions, departments and units of the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, career development (pre-training) of the officers and other categories of SBGSU personnel on the issues of state border protection.
– preparation of COs and WOs for military service abroad.
– special pedagogical training and advanced courses for scientific and pedagogical staff.
– training (career development ) of other categories of the SBGSU units’ personnel in various spheres of responsibility in accordance with the tasks assigned.
– professional development of the SBGSU personnel within the system of professional training in the form of distance learning courses.
– foreign language training.
– Center of distance learning technologies;
– Center for advanced training of the senior staff;
– Center for advanced training of the SBGSU units’ personnel;
– Center for support units’ personnel training;
– Officers’ training center.